Nov 30, 2012

To verify you are the owner of the account - identify people tagged in photos

To verify you are the owner of the account - identify people tagged in photos

This is the story from my friend but this can happen to any of us!

First popup when you try to log on your account: 
For security reasons your account is temporarily locked
If this account reflects your real name and personal information, please help us verify it.
 Then of course I pressed: Continue

Second popup: Famous captcha
Enter the text bellow
So I entered text and pressed: Submit 

And then starts the game.

Next popup was not for people that have lot of friends.
To verify that you are the owner of this account, please identify, the people tagged in the following photos.If you aren't sure about a question, please click "Skip".
I pressed: Start
I am pointing this part of sentence in the image above:".....identify the people tagged in the following photos..."

YES - names of 6 people are listed on the bottom of the image bellow
  YES - they are my friends, I was hoping at least
    NO - I CAN'T IDENTIFY NOT ONE OF THEM, ON THIS IMAGE,ONLY ROBOT COULD DO THAT.
     YES - I can Skip this photo

 You will get 5 photos, 5 of them you need to identify, you can Skip 2 and you will get another two.

You shall not spend lot of time on each photo, because you will need to start all over again.

If you have big friend list, oooo you may be in troubles, because Facebook wish that you are real person, so you need to identify 5/5 people TAGGED on the photos they offer. 
I could only hope that not all of them would be like this one above.
If you are lucky (as I was), I did that at first time, 
with hope: NOW I would be able to enter my Facebook account.

BUT

Facebook would like to have my mobile phone. 
Lucky me, I have it.
So Facebook can sent me code on my mobile phone.
When I entered code in the popup (image is bellow), then I was able to enter my account.
(thank you M.P for images and help to post this)

QUESTION: If I do not have mobile phone, what would happen? 
Why should I: have mobile phone, tell Facebook that I have it.....

WHO IS Facebook that has right to know all my personal information?

Does Facebook wish to let them know my number of shoes and pants, or underwear maybe?

One thing is known already: Facebook takes a right to require identity documents from their users. ???? It is well known who could ask person for identification document and I haven't seen Facebook there. 

To conclude: Facebook could you please change the way you control. This way impinge in the privacy, too much. Are you sure you have all rights to do that? 
Or maybe, the purpose of this is to reduce the number of users. 

That would be the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
back to top